To safely provide reliable electricity to our members and our community through superior customer service and innovative energy solutions at fair and reasonable prices.
In 1945, nine forward-thinking citizens of Homer met and began working together to form Alaska’s fifth rural electric cooperative. Their first official Rural Electrification Administration (REA) meeting was December 17, 1945, and the system was energized March 13, 1950, making Homer brighter for 56 cooperative members.
Homer Electric employs 138 regular, full-time employees, two seasonal employees filling and two temporary positions at:
- Corporate office in Homer
- Central Peninsula Service Center in Kenai
- Nikiski Generation Plant
- Bradley Lake Hydroelectric Plant
- Bernice Lake Power Plant
- Soldotna Power Plant
- 23,699 member-owners
- 34,220 meter locations
- 2,439 total miles of energized line
- 3,166 square-mile service area on the southern Kenai Peninsula