Every year, HEA’s Scholarship Committee awards a number of academic or vocational scholarships for an amount to be determined by the Board of Directors each calendar year.
The scholarships are available for students of all ages – both graduating seniors and adults wishing to continue their education.
Scholarship recipients are selected in April and are recognized at the HEA Annual Membership Meeting in May. To qualify, students (or their parent or guardian) must be a member of HEA. Dependents of members must be eligible for the Permanent Fund Dividend.
Scholarships are funded through the interest earned on unclaimed capital credits and they do not affect electric rates.
2017 Scholarship Recipients
High School Senior Category
- Eric Kempf – Kenai Central High School
- Avery Kornstad – Nikiski High School
- Mackenzie Lindeman – Kenai Central High School
- Chloe Kincaid – Soldotna High School
- Annie Quinn – Soldotna High School
- Jonathan Standerfer – Soldotna High School
- Alicia Steiner – Homer High School
- Juan Sarmiento – Homer High School
- Eric Super – Homer High School
- Roxanne Huzieff
- Tisha Lovett
- Kathrine Quelland