Every year, HEA’s Scholarship Committee awards a number of academic or vocational scholarships for an amount to be determined by the Board of Directors each calendar year.
The scholarships are available for students of all ages – both graduating seniors and adults wishing to continue their education.
Scholarship recipients are selected in April and are recognized at the HEA Annual Membership Meeting in May. To qualify, students (or their parent or guardian) must be a member of HEA. Dependents of members must be eligible for the Permanent Fund Dividend.
Scholarships are funded through the interest earned on unclaimed capital credits and they do not affect electric rates.
2017 Scholarship Packets were due on March 1, 2017. Results will be announced in April. If you have questions, please call Tanya Lautaret at 907.283.2305 or email at email@example.com.
2016 Scholarship Recipients
High School Senior Category
- David Beck,Kenai Central High School
- Mikaela Salzetti, Kenai Central High School
- Jeanelee Stock, Nikiski High School
- Victoria Cizek, Cook Inlet Academy
- Kayla Haeg, Soldotna High School
- Halen Wells, Soldotna High School
- Nolan Bunting, Homer High School
- Shenadndoah Lush, Homer High School
- Aziza Pitcher, Homer High School
- Stan Holguin
- Carron Ann Murray
- Stephen Seveerson