As COVID-19 continues to affect all of our lives, Homer Electric Association, Inc. (HEA) remains focused on providing essential electric service to our members during this unprecedented event. We have taken necessary steps, in and out of the HEA offices, to safeguard our communities and employees in order to ensure that we continue providing the critical service you are accustomed to and depend on.
Your cooperative is proactive in responding to COVID-19 by following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Alaska Department of Health.
In an effort to limit exposure, HEA will be modifying our original lobby closure date from Tuesday, March 31, 2020, and extending the closure date to Friday, May 1, 2020.
HEA offers a variety of options for our members:
- During regular business hours our Member Support Representatives are available by phone in Homer at 235-8551, in Kenai at 283-8551, or toll free 800-478-8551;
- Pay online using the “Easy Pay” link on our website using Visa or an electronic check,
- Pay by phone 24/7 using our automated and secure payment system,
- Download and use the HEA mobile app on your Apple or Android smart device,
- Deliver payments to secure lock boxes at HEA’s office entrances, and
- If you need assistance with your electric bill, contact one of our Member Support Representatives. We are here to work with you to find a solution.
While our offices are closed to the public, our employees continue to assist members, maintain the electric grid and restore power when necessary. If you encounter HEA crews or personnel working in the field, please practice social distancing for your protection and theirs.
Our team is continuously monitoring the situation and we are, as always, ready to respond. As utilities are a critical workforce designated by Governor Dunleavy, HEA is committed to providing reliable electric service during this pandemic.
Follow up to date information on HEA activities via our website at www.homerelectric.com and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
For the most current information on COVID-19, please visit www.cdc.gov.