December 23, 2020 – Homer Electric Association, Inc. (HEA) crews responded to multiple outages in the Seldovia, Homer, Kasilof and Sterling areas on December 21 and 22, 2020. The following areas were affected by high winds, wet snow and downed trees:
December 21, 2020:
- 10:17 PM: East End Road area in Homer affecting 39 members. Power restored at 3:30 AM: Cause was snow loading on the power line.
December 22, 2020:
- 3:45 AM: Area-wide outage across Kachemak Bay affecting 650 members in Seldovia, Port Graham and Nanwalek. They were placed on backup generator at 3:55 AM. Crews removed some trees on December 22 but due to weather and darkness had to return December 23 to remove the remaining trees and restore members back on to shore power. Power restored December 23, 2020 at 11:59 AM. Cause was downed trees on the power lines.
- 6:54 AM: North Cohoe area in Kasilof affecting 12 members. Power restored at 10:30 AM. Cause was a downed tree on the power line.
- 7:02 AM: Burton Drive and Abram Avenue area in Kasilof affecting 34 members. Power restored 10:25 AM. Cause was a downed tree on the power line.
- 7:11 AM: Cabin Avenue area in Kasilof affecting 28 members. Power restored 10:05 AM. Cause was a downed tree on the power line.
- 7:59 AM: Otter Trail area in Sterling affecting 63 members. Power restored 10:50 AM. Cause was a downed tree on the power line.
- 12:51 PM: Betty Lou Drive on Scout Lake Loop area of Sterling affecting 90 members. Power restored 2:10 PM. Cause is unknown.