April 6, 2021 – Homer Electric Association, Inc. (HEA) responded to several outages on Easter Sunday due to strong winds. The following areas were affected by power outages on Sunday, April 4, 2021. There were also smaller scattered outages throughout the day and evening due to downed trees and power lines from the winds.
- 5:08 AM – Outage affecting 55 members south of Anchor Point. Power was restored around 9:40 AM. The cause was a downed tree.
- 9:40 AM – Outage affecting 21 members in Anchor Point due to a tree on the line. Power was restored by 10:10 AM.
- 9:40 AM – HEA crews responded to an outage affecting 239 members in the Swanson River Rd. area of Sterling. Power was restored around 5:42 PM.
- 10:19 AM – Outage affecting 14 members in Nikiski with a reported line on the ground. Power was restored at 2:00 PM.
- 01:16 PM – Outage affecting 17 members off Ryan Lane in Sterling. Power was restored at 10:53 PM. Cause was trees touching the line.
- 01:58 PM – Outage affecting 82 members south of Anchor Point along the Sterling Hwy. Power was restored at 08:54 PM. Cause was damaged conductor.
- 03:55 PM – Outage affecting 13 members off Exit Ave with a reported line on the ground. Power was restored at 10:40 PM.
As a safety reminder, please stay away from downed power lines, which may still be energized, and call HEA at 888-868-8243 or 911 to report it immediately.