Every year, HEA’s Scholarship Committee awards a number of academic or vocational scholarships for an amount to be determined by the Board of Directors each calendar year.
The scholarships are available for students of all ages – both graduating seniors and adults wishing to continue their education.
Scholarship recipients are selected in April and are recognized at the HEA Annual Membership Meeting in May. To qualify, students (or their parent or guardian) must be a member of HEA. Dependents of members must be eligible for the Permanent Fund Dividend. Scholarships are funded through the interest earned on unclaimed capital credits and they do not affect electric rates.
Congratulations to the following recipients who each received a $1,000 HEA Scholarship:
High School Senior Category – District 1
- Jamie Hyatt, Cook Inlet Academy
- Cassidy King, Soldotna High School
- Owen Rolph, Kenai Central High School
High School Senior Category – District 2
- Zachary Burns, Soldotna High School
- Katherine Delker, Soldotna High School
- Ryder Giesler, Connections
High School Senior Category – District 3
- Austin Cline, Homer High School
- Jessica Sonnen, Homer High School
- Kara Super, Homer High School
Returning Student Category
- Sarah Foglia, District 1
- Emilie Grimes, District 2
- Maya Rourke, District 3